UK Grindcore pioneers NAPALM DEATH are now launching a video clip for the opening track “Standardization” off their special 2CD, 2LP and Digital Download compilation “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs”, recently released via Century Media Records.
Check out the video clip for “Standardization”, which was created by Costin Chioreanu / Twilight 13 Media here: https://youtu.be/FNlWLtZMvko
NAPALM DEATH vocalist Mark “Barney“ Greenway checked in with the following comment about the clip: "Videos I find one of the trickiest mediums to make vibrant and impactful. Costin, the producer though, had a lot of stuff from our Roadburn Festival presentation which seemed to fit the music quite nicely and reflect the song's subject matter about the utter despair of a colourless life and desire of more conservative forces for a homogenous world according to gender, sexuality, human habits and, well, generally everything. No thanks!"
“Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” includes a total of 31 songs in a playing time of over 90 minutes, compiling rarities and exclusive earworms spanning 2004-2016 from the whirling gene pool of noise that is NAPALM DEATH. Here is a complete track-listing with explanations for the source of each song:
NAPALM DEATH – “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs”:
1. Standardization (02:46) -> LP-only bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
2. Oh So Pseudo (02:36) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
3. It Failed To Explode (03:38) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
4. Losers (04:22) -> Bonus track from “The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code” album sessions 2004.
5. Call That An Option? (03:03) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
6. Caste As Waste (03:06) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
7. We Hunt In Packs (03:49) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
8. Oxygen Of Duplicity (03:30) -> From Melvins Split EP, recorded 2013.
9. Paracide (01:39) -> Gepopel cover / Japan-only bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
10. Critical Gluttonous Mass (02:26) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
11. Aim Without An Aim (03:05) -> Bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
12. An Extract (Strip It Clean) (03:12) -> From Split EP with Heaven Shall Burn, recorded 2014.
13. Phonetics For The Stupefied (03:29) -> From Split EP with Voivod, recorded 2014.
14. Suppressed Hunger (03:09) -> Bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
15. To Go Off And Things (02:29) -> Cardiacs cover / From Split EP with Melvins, recorded 2013.
16. Clouds of Cancer / Victims Of Ignorance (02:06) -> G-ANX cover / Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
17. What Is Past Is Prologue (02:57) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
18. Like Piss To A Sting (01:31) -> From Split EP with Melt Banana, recorded 2014.
19. Where The Barren Is Fertile (02:22) -> From Split EP with Melt Banana, recorded 2014.
20. Crash The Pose (01:33) -> Gauze cover / Japan-only bonus track from “The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code” album sessions 2004.
21. Earthwire (02:55) -> Download only as DZI Foundation benefit following the 2015 Nepal earthquake, recorded 2014.
22. Will By Mouth (01:25) -> From Split EP with Converge, recorded 2012.
23. Everything In Mono (02:48) -> Bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
24. Omnipresent Knife In Your Back (05:15) -> Bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
25. Lifeline (03:18) -> Sacrilege cover / From “Respect Your Roots Worldwide” compilation, recorded 2011.
26. Youth Offender (02:07) -> B-Side from “Analysis Paralysis” EP; recorded 2011.
27. No Impediment To Triumph (Bhopal) (03:02) -> From Split EP with Converge, recorded 2012.
28. Legacy Was Yesterday (02:15) -> From Decibel Magazine Flexi EP, recorded 2010.
29. Outconditioned (02:25) -> Despair cover / From “Covering 20 Years Of Extremes” compilation, recorded 2008.
30. Atheist Runt (06:07) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
31. Weltschmerz (Extended Apocalyptic Version) (04:05) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
Two singles were previously launched in anticipation of the release of “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs”:
“Call That An Option?”: https://youtu.be/qugUJQUzma0
“Oh So Pseudo”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZzrZtOd2Po
The 2LP edition of “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” doesn’t only contain a poster and an LP-booklet, but is - next to an unlimited black vinyl version - also available in the following limited coloured vinyl runs: 100x copies white vinyl (CM Webshop Europe / Sold out!), 200x copies neon orange vinyl (CM USA), 200x copies silver vinyl (NBR) and 400x copies red vinyl (CM Distro / Sold out!).
Order the release in various formats here: https://napalmdeath.lnk.to/CodedSmearsAndMoreUncommonSlurs
Here is a list of the upcoming tour dates for NAPALM DEATH announced so far:
NAPALM DEATH – live 2018:
10.05.2018 Bethune (France) - Le Satellite
11.05.2018 Gueret (France) - Metal Cultures
12.05.2018 Montpellier (France) - Moshfest IV
13.05.2018 Brainans (France) - Outbreak Metal Fest
22.06.2018 Clisson (France) - Hellfest
29.06.2018 Villafranca (Italy) - Rock The Castle
14.07.2018 Torgau (Germany) - In Flammen Open Air
20.07.2018 Trutnov (Czech Republic) - Obscene Extreme
Slayer, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Testament & NAPALM DEATH – North American Tour:
26.07.2018 Gilford, NH - Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion
27.07.2018 Bangor, ME - Impact Music Festival, Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion
28.07.2018 Montreal, QC - Heavy MTL Festival
29.07.2018 Wantagh, NY - Northwell Health at Jones Beach
31.07.2018 Scranton, PA - The Pavilion at Montage Mountain
01.08.2018 Albany, NY - Times Union Center
03.08.2018 Darien Lake, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
04.08.2018 Syracuse, NY - Lakeview Amphitheater
06.08.2018 London, ON - Budweiser Gardens
07.08.2018 Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
09.08.2018 St. Louis, MO - Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
10.08.2018 Atlanta, GA - Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood
12.08.2018 Nashville, TN - Municipal Auditorium
13.08.2018 Rogers, AR - Walmart AMP
15.08.2018 San Antonio, TX - Freeman Coliseum
16.08.2018 Oklahoma City, OK - The Zoo Amphitheatre
18.08.2018 Englewood, CO - Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
19 08.2018 West Valley City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre
21.08.2018 Boise, ID - Ford Idaho Center Amphitheater
23.08.2018 Ridgefield, OR - Sunlight Supply Amphitheater
24.08.2018 Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheatre
26.08.2018 San Jose, CA - SAP Center
Cannibal Corpse & NAPALM DEATH – Latin America Tour:
11.09.2018 Asuncion (Paraguay) - Sala García Lorca
13.09.2018 Montevideo (Uruguay) - Sala Del Museo
14.09.2018 Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) - Circo Voador
15.09.2018 Sao Paulo (Brazil) - Carioca Club
16.09.2018 Belo Horizonte (Brazil) - Music Hall BH
18.09.2018 Porto Alegre (Brazil) - Opiniao
19.09.2018 Curitiba (Brazil) - Hermes Bar
21.09.2018 Manaus (Brazil) - Teatro Manauara
22.09.2018 Fortaleza (Brazil) - Espaco Jangada
23.09.2018 Recife (Brazil) - Baile Perfumado
25.09.2018 Buenos Aires (Argentina) - Teatro Vorterix
26.09.2018 Santiago (Chile) - Teatro Caupolican
27.09.2018 Lima (Peru) - CC Festiva
29.09.2018 Bogota (Colombia) - Auditorio Mayor Cun
30.09.2018 San Jose (Costa Rica) - Club Peppers
02.10.2018 Tegucigalpa (Honduras) - Nacional de Ingenieros
03.10.2018 San Salvador (El Salvador) - Cifco
04.10.2018 Mexico City (Mexico) - Pabellón Cuervo
05.10.2018 Queretero (Mexico) - Auditorio Arteaga
05.10.2018 Monterrey (Mexico) - Tecate México Metal Fest
07.10.2018 Guadalajara (Mexico) - C3 Stage
And even more dates still to follow...
NAPALM DEATH online: