UK’s Grindcore pioneers NAPALM DEATH are soon to release the special 2CD, 2LP and Digital Download compilation “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” on March 30th, 2018 via Century Media Records.
A first single off the upcoming release is made available today, so feel free to check out “Oh So Pseudo” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZzrZtOd2Po
Or here: https://open.spotify.com/track/16wO6F2uMUpc1niueXXqyL?si=O4C_xpLNQTWJlp4OkWoZjg
NAPALM DEATH bassist Shane Embury checked in to comment about the upcoming compilation release as follows: "We are very thrilled to be finally releasing this compilation of rarities and covers from the past 10 years. NAPALM DEATH is a band that gives 100% when writing a song, so the songs included on this comp were saved originally for split EP's now sold out or vinyl editions of our albums or to become Japanese bonus tracks. When I was compiling the track-listing I was struck by how exciting again these tunes are to me. I had actually forgotten some of them, haha! We have written so many tracks and the years go by so quick that you forget just how fucking great these songs are! We will most certainly be blasting a few of these out live on our upcoming shows…Cheers and see you on the road!"
“Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” will include a total of 31 songs in a playing time of over 90 minutes, compiling rarities and exclusive earworms spanning 2004-2016 from the whirling gene pool of noise that is NAPALM DEATH. Here is a complete track-listing with explanations for the source of each song:
NAPALM DEATH – “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs”:
1. Standardization (02:46) -> LP-only bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
2. Oh So Pseudo (02:36) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
3. It Failed To Explode (03:38) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
4. Losers (04:22) -> Bonus track from “The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code” album sessions 2004.
5. Call That An Option? (03:03) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
6. Caste As Waste (03:06) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
7. We Hunt In Packs (03:49) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
8. Oxygen Of Duplicity (03:30) -> From Melvins Split EP, recorded 2013.
9. Paracide (01:39) -> Gepopel cover / Japan-only bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
10. Critical Gluttonous Mass (02:26) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
11. Aim Without An Aim (03:05) -> Bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
12. An Extract (Strip It Clean) (03:12) -> From Split EP with Heaven Shall Burn, recorded 2014.
13. Phonetics For The Stupefied (03:29) -> From Split EP with Voivod, recorded 2014.
14. Suppressed Hunger (03:09) -> Bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
15. To Go Off And Things (02:29) -> Cardiacs cover / From Split EP with Melvins, recorded 2013.
16. Clouds of Cancer / Victims Of Ignorance (02:06) -> G-ANX cover / Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
17. What Is Past Is Prologue (02:57) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
18. Like Piss To A Sting (01:31) -> From Split EP with Melt Banana, recorded 2014.
19. Where The Barren Is Fertile (02:22) -> From Split EP with Melt Banana, recorded 2014.
20. Crash The Pose (01:33) -> Gauze cover / Japan-only bonus track from “The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code” album sessions 2004.
21. Earthwire (02:55) -> Download only as DZI Foundation benefit following the 2015 Nepal earthquake, recorded 2014.
22. Will By Mouth (01:25) -> From Split EP with Converge, recorded 2012.
23. Everything In Mono (02:48) -> Bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
24. Omnipresent Knife In Your Back (05:15) -> Bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
25. Lifeline (03:18) -> Sacrilege cover / From “Respect Your Roots Worldwide” compilation, recorded 2011.
26. Youth Offender (02:07) -> B-Side from “Analysis Paralysis” EP; recorded 2011.
27. No Impediment To Triumph (Bhopal) (03:02) -> From Split EP with Converge, recorded 2012.
28. Legacy Was Yesterday (02:15) -> From Decibel Magazine Flexi EP, recorded 2010.
29. Outconditioned (02:25) -> Despair cover / From “Covering 20 Years Of Extremes” compilation, recorded 2008.
30. Atheist Runt (06:07) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
31. Weltschmerz (Extended Apocalyptic Version) (04:05) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
The 2LP edition of “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” will not only contain a poster and an LP-booklet, but will - next to an unlimited black vinyl version - also be available in the following limited coloured vinyl runs: 100x copies white vinyl (CM Webshop Europe), 200x copies neon orange vinyl (CM USA), 200x copies silver vinyl (NBR) and 400x copies red vinyl (CM Distro).
Pre-order the release in various formats here: https://napalmdeath.lnk.to/CodedSmearsAndMoreUncommonSlurs
Here is a list of upcoming tour dates for NAPALM DEATH, starting off next week in Czech Republic
NAPALM DEATH – live 2018:
16.02.2018 Jaromer (Czech Republic) - KD Narodak
17.02.2018 Slavonice (Czech Republic) - KD Slavonice
18.02.2018 Plzen (Czech Republic) - Serikovka
19.02.2018 Prague (Czech Republic) - Akropolis
20.02.2018 Uherske Hradiste (Czech Republic) - Mir
21.02.2018 Ostrava (Czech Republic) - Brick House
22.02.2018 Kosice (Slovakia) - Collosseum
23.02.2018 Lviv (Ukraine) - Fest Republic
24.02.2018 Kiev (Ukraine) - Bingo
25.02.2018 Chermonorsk (Ukraine) - Metropolis Arena
26.02.2018 Chisinau (Moldavia) - Atrium Concert Hall
28.02.2018 Cluj-Napoca (Romania) - Form Space
01.03.2018 Budapest (Hungary) - Dürer Kert
16.03.2018 Southport (UK) - Southport Holiday Park
30.03.2018 Copenhagen (Denmark) - Loppen
31.03.2018 Gothenburg (Sweden) - Belsepub
01.04.2018 Oslo (Norway) - Inferno Metal Festival
03.04.2018 Hamburg (Germany) - Knust
04.04.2018 Herford (Germany) - X
05.04.2018 Drachten (The Netherlands) - Iduna
06.04.2018 Berlin (Germany) - SO36
07.04.2018 Katowice (Poland) - Metalmania Festival
08.04.2018 Chemnitz (Germany) - AJZ
04.05.2018 London (UK) - Desertfest
10.05.2018 Bethune (France) - Le Satellite
11.05.2018 Gueret (France) - Metal Cultures
12.05.2018 Montpellier (France) - Moshfest IV
13.05.2018 Brainans (France) - Outbreak Metal Fest
29.06.2018 Villafranca (Italy) - Rock The Castle
12.-14.07.2018 Torgau (Germany) - Endless Summer
10.08.2018 Winchester (UK) - Boomtown
11.08.2018 Kortrijk (Belgium) - Alcatraz Festival
17.-19.08.2018 St. Nolff (France) - Motorcultor Festival
And many more dates to be announced soon...
NAPALM DEATH’s latest and much acclaimed 15th album release "Apex Predator - Easy Meat" managed to enter the sales charts in several countries across the world upon release, with the following highest positions: Germany: #36, Switzerland: #64, France: #69, Greece: #60, Belgium (Flemish): #103, Belgium (Wallonia): #111, UK: #120, UK Rock Chart: #15, US Top 200: #113, US New Artist Top 50: #2.
Check out the promotional video clips for NAPALM DEATH’s “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album:
“Dear Slum Landlord”: https://youtu.be/7knD2d7yHbg
“Smash A Single Digit”: http://youtu.be/33OZfCUsomk
“How The Years Condemn”: https://youtu.be/g5_AtVKQFv8
"Apex Predator - Easy Meat" can still be ordered in various formats from CM Distro here:
NAPALM DEATH online: